If you have written or contemplate writing a book, you may want to consider publishing it in Open Access. Under this model, the book is available online to all interested readers, who do not have to pay for accessing its contents.
Open Access Books program offers a variety of publishing services for individual authors and organizations alike. It reflects current trends and changing mentalities in academic communities around the world, striving to make the results of their research freely available. This innovative approach guarantees a quick turnaround time from book manuscript into publication, without compromising high quality standards of scholarly publishing.
“Until recently, traditional academic publishers have been critical in disseminating new ideas. Open access publishing allows new works, ideas and theories to quickly reach the entire world, at no cost to interested readers, wherever they are.”
Gerald Gaus, University of Arizona
About De Gruyter OPEN ACCES BOOKS PROGRAM
De Gruyter Open is a leading publisher of Open Access academic content. Publishing in all major disciplines, De Gruyter Open is home to more than 350 scholarly journals and over 100 books. Formerly known as Versita, the company is part of the De Gruyter Group (www.degruyter.com) and is a member of the Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers (ALPSP). De Gruyter Open’s book and journal programs have been endorsed by the international research community and some of the world’s top scientists, including Nobel laureates. The company’s mission is to make the very best in academic content freely available to scholars and lay readers alike.
Why Publish Your Book Open Access with De Gruyter Open?
- fair and comprehensive peer-review of submitted proposals and manuscripts
- royalties for authors and organizations from print copy sales
- complimentary printed copies for book author and editors
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs license
- standard book webpage at degruyter.com
- online hosting and distribution platform
- allocation of DOI; automatic metadata distribution to CrossRef
- professional composition of the manuscript in PDF format
- arranging for indexing by A&I services; metadata distribution to A&I services
- arranging for coverage by ebook distributors; full-text distribution to such distributors
- arranging for coverage by full-text repositories; full-text distribution to such repositories
- arranging for coverage by open access directories; metadata distribution to such directories
- plagiarism detection system
- copy and language editing
- application to Thomson Scientific
- print on demand in both paperback and hardcover
- optional portable formats
- mobile formats
- each publication strongly marketed with the help of well-established marketing tools
- Promotion to the relevant media outlet