De Gruyter Open is currently seeking Language Editors for journal Open Engineering (formerly Central European Journal of Engineering) and for the Emerging Science Journal program in Engineering.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- specialist in Engineering
- PhD student or researcher who recently earned their PhD and continues to work in science
- fluent in English
- actively using the Internet
- editorial experience is not required
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION
Associate Editors work from home using their own computers and internet connection. Their role is to support the Managing Editor in:
- attracting high quality submissions
- promoting published articles to readers and citers
- promoting the journal to the scientific community
Associate Editors work part-time and are not paid. Instead, they are offered a unique opportunity to acquire experience in and understanding of professional scientific publishing.
WHAT WE OFFER IN RETURN
- work in a dynamic team and exciting publishing project
- the opportunity to acquire experience in modern and professional scientific publishing
- the opportunity to establish connections with the most recognized experts in your field
- your name added to the list of Editors on our website
- references and recommendation letters
Candidates interested in the position are requested to send their cover letter and CV to email@example.com the subject line “Language Editor” plus their field of expertise/sub-discipline, for example:
- For Open Engineering: “Language Editor/Open Engineering”.
- For Emerging Science Journal program: “Language Editor/ name of subdiscipline”.