De Gruyter Open is currently seeking Language Editors for journal Open Geosciences (formerly Central European Journal of Geosciences) and for the Emerging Science Journal program in Geosciences.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- specialist in Geosciences
- PhD student or researcher who recently earned their PhDs and continue to work in science
- with English as mother tongue
- and constant/easy access to Internet
Editorial experience is not required.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION
The task of our language editors is to perform linguistic corrections on up to eight manuscripts per year. Specifically, we would expect you to:
- correct inadvertent errors, mistakes in grammar, spelling, word order and punctuation
- improve the style of written English, polish the fluency, and provide internal language consistency throughout the entire paper
- clarify where there is room for misinterpretation
Language Editors work part-time and are not paid.
WHAT WE OFFER IN RETURN
- work in a dynamic team and exciting publishing project
- the opportunity to acquire experience in modern and professional scientific publishing
- the opportunity to establish connections with the most recognized experts in the field
- your name added to the list of Editors on our website
- references and recommendation letters
Candidates interested in the position are requested to send their cover letter and CV to email@example.com the subject line “Language Editor” plus their field of expertise/ sub-discipline, for example:
- For Open Geosciences: “Language Editor/Open Geosciences”.
- For Emerging Science Journal program: “Language Editor/name of subdiscipline”.