De Gruyter Open is currently seeking an Assistant Editor for the pioneer Open Access Books publishing program in Arts, Music, Architecture.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- degree: students, recent PhDs in the above mentioned discipline,
- languages: native or fluent English, other languages would be an asset,
- skills: computer and internet proficiency, actively using internet,
- requirements: home computer and internet connection.
Editorial experience is not required.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION
- working from home using one’s own computer and internet connection,
- supporting the Managing Editor in attracting high quality book proposals,
- some editorial duties,
- building some databases, sending emails,
- searching for candidates for Associate Editors and Language Editors.
Assistant Editors work part-time and are not paid.
WHAT WE OFFER IN RETURN
- work in dynamic team and exciting publishing project,
- opportunity to acquire experience in modern and professional scientific publishing,
- opportunity to establish connections to the most recognized experts in their fields,
- your name added to the list of Editors at our website,
- references and recommendation letters.
Candidates interested in the position are requested to send their cover letter and CV (both documents in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org