De Gruyter Open is currently seeking an Associate Editor for the pioneering Open Access Books publishing program in Chemistry.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- degree: Ph.D. in the above mentioned discipline
- experience: researcher or academic in Chemistry
- publishing experience, preferably in editorial acquisition, would be an asset
- current status: recognized as an expert in his/her field
- good and numerous relationships in the scientific community in the relevant field
- languages: native or fluent English, other languages would be an asset
- skills: computer and internet proficiency
- personality: strong communication skills, good negotiator
- requirements: home computer and internet connection
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION:
- researching and identifying book topics with strong sales potential and recruiting experienced and competent authors; recognizing potential new authors
- cultivating working relationships with them
- obtaining proposals from potential authors; determining the quality of the proposals
- finding and liaising with reviewers; presenting the proposals to De Gruyter Open
- assisting De Gruyter Open in evaluating book proposals and manuscripts
- reviewing the final manuscript; seeking assistance from reviewers, if needed
Compensation for Associate Editors will be based on the number of books published.
Associate Editors have the unique opportunity to acquire experience and understanding of professional scientific publishing. Their profiles will be added to the list of Editors on our website, their names will be listed among the editors in the book’s credits and they will receive a free copy of the book they have worked on.
Candidates interested in the position are requested to send their CV and list of publications (both documents in English) to email@example.com