De Gruyter Open is currently seeking Language Editors for the pioneer Open Access Books publishing program in Physics.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- PhD student or recent PhD in the above mentioned discipline
- native English speaker
- online: actively using the Internet
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION
- volume: part-time
- remuneration: per each published book
- reporting to: Managing Editor
- correcting inadvertent errors, mistakes in grammar, spelling, word order and punctuation
- improving the style of English, polishing the fluency, providing internal language consistency throughout the entire paper
- clarifying parts of text where there is room for misinterpretation
Language Editors have a unique opportunity to acquire experience and understanding of professional scientific publishing. Their profiles will be added to the list of Editors on our website, their names will be listed among the editors in the book’s credits and they will receive a free copy of the book they work on.
Candidates interested in the position are requested to send their cover letter and CV (both documents in English) to email@example.com