Fields of interest
• stream data mining
• image processing and retrieval
• neural networks – learning algorithms, probabilistic neural networks
• fuzzy systems – flexible fuzzy systems
• computational intelligence – fuzzy-neuro-genetic methods
• pattern recognition – statistical methods, soft computing methods
• systems identification – soft computing methods, non-parametric methods
• advanced methods of pattern classification and image processing
L. Rutkowski, M. Jaworski, L. Pietruczuk, and P. Duda,
The CART decision tree for mining data streams,
Information Sciences, vol. 266, pp. 1 – 15, 2014.
L. Rutkowski, M. Jaworski, L. Pietruczuk, P. Duda,
Decision trees for mining data streams based on the Gaussian approximation,
IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 108-119, 2014
Krzysztof Cpałka, Olga Rebrova, Robert Nowicki, Leszek Rutkowski,
On design of flexible neuro-fuzzy systems for nonlinear modelling,
International Journal of General Systems, vol. 42, issue 6, 2013, pp. 706-720, 2013.
M. Gabryel, M. Korytkowski, R. Scherer, L. Rutkowski,
Object detection by simple fuzzy classifiers generated by boosting,
Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence vol. 7894, pp: 540-547, 2013.
Rutkowski, L. Pietruczuk, P. Duda, M. Jaworski,
Decision trees for mining data streams based on the McDiarmid’s bound,
IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, vol.25, no.6, pp.1272-1279, 2013.
L. Rutkowski, A. Przybyl, K. Cpalka (2012),
Novel on-line speed profile generation for industrial machine tool based on flexible neuro-fuzzy approximation,
IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics.
Li X, Er MJ, Lim BS, Zhou JH, Gan OP, Rutkowski L. (2010),
Fuzzy regression modeling for tool performance prediction and degradation detection.,
Int J Neural Syst. 2010 Oct;20(5):405-19.