New funding opportunities
EC FP7 Post-Grant Open Access Pilot
If you are involved in a recently finished FP7 project as a partner or the coordinator, the publications arising from your project could be eligible for funding of their OA publishing costs (APCs for articles, BPCs for books) under the recently released EC FP7 Post-Grant Open Access Pilot.
This new funding initiative from the European Commission will provide up to €2,000 for articles published in fully Open Access journals and up to €6,000 for Open Access books arising from finished FP7 projects.
A system has been set up by OpenAIRE for collecting and processing funding requests for this Pilot. You may also check your FP7 project eligibility on the system homepage. Please email the project coordinators for any questions.
Authors who are looking for funds to support the payment of APCs or BPCs have a number of options and/ or should consider:
- Institutional Membership discounts
- De Gruyter Open Institutional Members
- Waivers and special discounts
- Institutions with Open Access publishing funds
- Open Access Mandates and Policies
- Research Funding: national funding bodies, international organizations, foundations, trusts and others
Visit our blog with information on funding http://openscience.com/