De Gruyter Open Institutional Membership Program
In response to the increasing demand for Open Access publishing, De Gruyter Open introduced a discount-based Institutional Membership program. The offer is designed to make the formal process of covering the costs of APCs and BPCs more straightforward for the university, research institute or funding body and to help institutions estimate their publications budget and save costs through loyalty discounts.
De Gruyter Open offers to Member Institutions:
- 15% discount on Article Processing Charges (APCs) and Book Processing Charges (BPCs),
- No joining fees, no annual fees or any other type of membership fees,
- All publication fees minus the 15% discount are paid at the beginning of the following calendar year after an inventory of all journal articles and books authored by the Institution’s faculty and published by De Gruyter Open has been made (we offer post-payment with invoicing once a year but special terms are negotiable, e.g. pre-payment or more frequent invoicing).
Consortia Membership Offer
Under the Institutional Membership De Gruyter Open offers consortia a discount of 20% on all APCs and BPCs (standard non-consortia membership discount is 15%).
With the De Gruyter Open Institutional Membership, any member institution can:
- plan: estimate its budget for the publications authored by affiliated authors and published by De Gruyter Open in a given year,
- save time, as we offer the simplest (compared to other publishers) administration of the budget spending, including verification of the author’s affiliation,
- save costs due to discounts offered not only on Open Access articles, but also on Open Access Books, contributions in edited volumes and articles in hybrid journals,
- pay later: cover the discounted costs for publications by affiliated authors published by De Gruyter Open only at the end of a given calendar year, and after an inventory of these publications has been prepared and approved by you,
- benefit from top OA publishing services, distribution and increased visibility of all published articles.
Affiliated authors who publish with De Gruyter Open benefit from:
- simple and easy handling of publication fees,
- having their books and contributions published using top quality publishing technology and powerful promotion,
- full coverage of their articles and books by abstracting & indexing services, distributing their content to many users globally through major aggregators and discovery services,
- more citations, that can be secured as a result of greater visibility.
De Gruyter Open offers the largest and most comprehensive program of Open Access books, with 100 titles already published or in production.
At the same time, the editorial processes remain independent and articles are subject to the usual peer review process.
Hybrid Open Access option: De Gruyter Open Library
With the De Gruyter Open Institutional Membership, any member institution can profit from discounts offered not only on ‘pure’ Open Access articles and books, but also on hybrid Open Access options under the De Gruyter Open Library program (where articles in hybrid journals and contributions (book chapters) in edited volumes can be made available via Open Access, also retrospectively, according to the fees table that applies to ‘pure’ OA publications). More details on the hybrid Open Access publication process are available via http://degruyteropen.com/you/hybrid-oa.
Depending on the institution’s needs, we are open to considering special terms.